Pages

We had interview with Sennek

We did an interview with Sennek (Laura Groeseneken) who will represent Belgium in Eurovision 2018!

- Can you just talk about yourself?
Hi everyone, I am Sennek and will be representing Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest this year. I am a 27 year old singer song writer, I work at IKEA as a visual merchandiser and I play keys and sing in the Belgian band Ozark Henry.

- What are the differences between Laura Groeseneken and Sennek?
There is no difference, it’s only difficult to pronounce my last name (laughts)

- How was the song selection process?
I did a lot of co-writes with different artists, wrote songs myself and also received songs that other people wrote for me. The writing sessions were very intense. But I really enjoyed the creativity and the new people I got to know. I think I’ve also grown as a songwriter and singer. And finally we found that A Matter Of Time just suited so perfectly with me as a person and an artist, that we picked it.

- Your song is called “A Matter Of Time” can you tell us more about it?
The song A Matter Of Time is about being able to see beauty in things that are fleeting. The tension of watching something precious slip away and finding the beauty and that. Life is not always all good and fun. But adversity and bad experiences can allow you to grow. They make you appreciate things more and you realize that there’s also great beauty in the little things that we have.

- How is your performance going to be like on Eurovision stage, Is it possible for you to give some information?
I can’t tell you yet! You will have to wait until Lisbon ;)


- You are one of the favourites this year, What kind of feedback have you received?
Positive feedback, people are so sweet, I hope that will continue and I want to thank everyone for sending me such nice reactions. It gives me the extra push to do my very best.

- How do you prepare for Eurovision?
Rehearsing, rehearsing, rehearsing.

- You are working in IKEA. Probably people can recognize you. How do costumers react when they see you?
People don’t really recognize me when I’m holding a screw driver and standing on a ladder (laughts)

- You have encountered with Blanche several times, did she give you any advice?
We met only shortly but she was very nice and told me how happy she was that I got to go to Lisbon. I also received some very good advice from Laura Tesoro, who represented Belgium in 2016. She told me all about her Eurovision experience.

- What are your thoughts about Turkey, Is there any Turkish entry for Eurovision that you like?
"Dum Tek Tek" by Hadise, she’s amazing.

- The last question, what do you want to say to our followers and the Turkish Eurovision fans?
I want to thank you all for reading this and for wanting to get to know me better, and I hope to see some of you at the pre shows or maybe in Lisbon!

Yorum Gönder

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates