Pages

We had interview with Laura Rizzotto

We did an interview with Laura Rizzotto who will represent Latvia on Eurovision!

- Can you just talk about yourself ?
I am a 23-year-old Latvian/Brazilian singer, songwriter and pianist. Since childhood, I have been passionate about music and started to take piano and ballet classes,  in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I won a scholarship to attend Berklee College of Music, in Boston, United States, when I was 17,  and that opportunity was a turning point in my life. I released my second album in Los Angeles and received a Bachelors of Fine Arts by California Institute of Arts.

Afterwards, I moved to New York City to pursue a Master of Music degree, in Columbia University, which was accomplished in 2017. I found my life purpose in Music and I am totally driven by this passion.

- You were born in Brasil and then in 2005 you moved to USA. How was that experience for you like moving to completely another country?
My father is a citizen of both Latvia and Brazil and my mother is Brazilian, from Portuguese descent. I am currently based in The United States. Having an international family background makes it easier to understand different cultures and settle in another country.

I feel at home in Riga, New York and Rio de Janeiro. I love how those 3 cities are very cosmopolitan and have so much history attached to them. When I walk in the streets of Manhattan and Old Town Riga, it feels like I am in a movie, and Rio de Janeiro is my tropical paradise.

- American people doesn’t familiar to Eurovision. How did you met with Eurovision?
I was born and raised in Brazil, where Eurovision is quite popular. I am a big fan and love discovering the new acts that come up every year.

- How did you decide to participate the National Final?
It was an unexpected turn of events!

My family and I made plans to visit Latvia in 2018, for the centennial celebrations, the Song and Dance Festival and to visit my 2 cousins who have moved from Rio de Janeiro to Riga. While doing research for our trip, I came across a piece of news about "Supernova" and decided to submit my latest original tune “Funny Girl”.

I am delighted that the song was chosen to represent Latvia in Eurovision, specially this year, when we celebrate the 100th anniversary.

- Your song is called " Funny Girl" can you tell us more about it?
The song ‘Funny Girl” tells the story of a girl who falls in love with her best friend. She always makes him laugh and her feelings are her best kept secret, until she decides to open up. Unfortunately, it was too late: he had already fallen for someone else. To him, she became only a friend, just a “funny girl”.

I hope the song “Funny Girl” inspires people to be brave and embrace vulnerability. Sometimes we let fear of rejection stop us from expressing ourselves and end up watching life happen from the sidelines. Taking risks is part of the art of living an accomplished life.


-How is your performance going to be like on Eurovision stage? Is it possible for you to give some information?
My team and I have been working on adapting my Supernova performance for the Lisbon stage. My main focus will be on the song and connecting to the audience in a special way. I am looking forward to performing on the big Eurovision stage. It is a dream come true.

 - How do you prepare for Eurovision?
I keep cool, exercise, and try to have a balanced routine. I am attending many Eurovision promo events and  looking forward to performance day.

- Have you been following the previous Eurovisions, What is your favourite song in Eurovision history?
In those 63 years of existence, there were so many outstanding songs in Eurovision, it is hard for me to pick just one. I really enjoy Aminata’s “Love Injected”, the Latvian entry in 2015. It is definitely among my top favorites.

- Turkey not participated to the contest since 2013. Do you have any favourites amongst Turkish entries?
Sertab Erener, the Turkish entrant, who won the contest with "Everyway That I Can" delivered a legendary performance. The victory was well deserved! I enjoyed the originality of the staging the dancers were amazing. You guys are awesome and have to come back to Eurovision family, as soon as possible.

- What do you want to say to our followers and the Turkish Eurovision fans?
Thank you for your support. It means a lot to me! Stay tuned to my instagram @laurarizzotto for updates and listen to “Funny Girl” on Spotify!

See you soon!


Yorum Gönder

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates