Pages

Leonora answered our questions


We had an interview with Leonora, the representative of Denmark who had great sympathy with her song "Love Is Forever". She answered our questions.

- Can you talk about yourself to us?

I’m a 20-year-old girl, who was born and raised just outside of Copenhagen, where I still live with my parents. I’ve been figure skating all my life, and previously I’ve won three Danish Championship titles and competed in the World and Nordic Championships. Nowadays, I teach figure skating and work as a choreographer.

For the past five years, however, I’ve also been focusing more and more on music, writing my own songs and trying to create music that offers something to think about. My mom is an opera singer, and our home has always been full of music, so it feels totally natural to me.

- How was your talent discovered?

I’ve been a singer as long as I can remember, but I broadcastet a video from my school to social media, where I was singing one of my own songs, and then Lise Cabble, who was the songwriter on ”Only Teardrops” with Emmelie de Forest, called me – and wanted me to sing ”Love is Forever”. And of course – it’s an amazing song! I’m very honoured to represent Denmark.

- You are also interested in ice skating, and you have many awards. How did you meet this sport and why did you take a break for it?

Yes, that’s correct. I’ve been figure skating all my life, and previously I’ve won three Danish Championship titles and competed in the World and Nordic Championships. Nowadays, I teach figure skating and work as a choreographer. I think it started as a family tradition, and I can’t imagine a life without it. I guess I took a break from it, when I had a hard time finding the motivation for my self – I was spending a lot of my time writing songs.

But I think both disciplines feel like natural extensions of who I am, and I feel comfortable with both. Skates quite literally serve as extensions of my legs! They are a tool that allows you to do a lot of technical moves and tricks, but, more importantly, they allow you to dance on the ice and do choreography, which is the side of the sport I love the most

- Can you tell us about the story behind "Love Is Forever"?

Love is forever and for everyone! I believe we all have to appreciate the differences in the world, and we should treat others with the same degree of respect, as we would like to be treated ourselves. We should embrace our differences, not be afraid of them.

- Why did you use 4 languages in your song?

The song is about the universal quality of love, and I like the idea that it’s possible to sing the song in any language you might think of. The song is about learning how to look beyond yourself and how to appreciate the differences between all of us – and I believe it’s something everyone in the world can relate to. To me, it’s the perfect song for Eurovision, and I can’t imagine a better venue for spreading this message to the rest of the world. I’m very thrilled and proud that “Love Is Forever” is a multilingual song.
- How did you decide to participate in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix?

When I heard ”Love is Forever” for the first time, there wasn’t any doubts. Of course it should be with my voice and my interpretation. I’ve always watched ESC with my family, so it’s totally a dream come true. I’m very excited for the semifinals in Tel-Aviv.

- Your stage performance was quite successful, will you perform the same stage performance at Eurovision?

Well, thank you! That’s nice of you to say. I think, it’s an artful performance that supports the message of the song. We will be bringing the giant chair to Tel Aviv, and it perfectly visualizes what I want to communicate through the song: That we have to elevate ourselves above all the useless quarrels and conflicts of everyday life – and instead focus on how love is a universal thing that connects us all. To me, the chair helps convey very powerful imagery.

- What do you think about Turkey? Do you have favorite songs belongs to Turkey in Eurovision history?

I really like Turkey and the people are always very warm and kind! Well, Sertab Erener - Everyway That I Can is one of my favourites – she’s so cool and I really love the performance.

- Finally, do you have any message to our followers?

Thanks for all the support – and thanks for listening to my song. I hope to see you all in Tel Aviv, and if you see me there, please come over and say hi. Lastly, I’d encourage everyone to always be kind to one another – love is forever! See you in Tel-Aviv, all the best!


Yorum Gönder

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates